Tansen Sangeet Mahavidyalaya (TSM) was founded by Late Shri R. S. Verma (Sangeet Acharya) (1890-1991).
TSM organized various stage programmes, at the State and National levels by the name of “Sangeet Pratiyogita”.
This series of stage performances started way back in 1975. Subsequently it was held in 1979, 1984, 1989 and 1995. Then it was renamed and in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2002 it was held as “Sangeet Pratibha Samaroh”. In 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007 it had another renaming as simply “Sangeet Samaroh” .Associating with today’s world; it is running by the name of “TAANZ PERFORMERS”.
The objective of these programmes is to
- Encourage the students and build in a spirit of participation
- Remove the inhibitions of getting on stage.
- Therefore, this becomes a part of the complete training process. How to perform on stage, the stage etiquettes – the do’s and don’ts on stage are all a part of this training.
- Repeated stage appearances grooms a person enough to allow him to perform anywhere without having any fear whatsoever.
- The programmes are covered by the local media – both print and visual.
- This helps in, not only promoting the organisation, but also propagating the good work and the students’ talents.
Tel : 011-2808 0227 / 2507 2076