Children need to be taught a rational way to behave and also a rational way to think. Many children are very naughty and their naughtiness is the proof that they are enthusiastic about what life holds for them. A parent might find them to be extremely out of control at times and they might not know how to behave in front of other people especially when they are too young to understand. Hitting back at them would certainly not resolve the problem but increase it drastically.
Here’s how you must build their attitude:
- Love your children. Give them a hug, as and when possible. They will start feeling loved by you and they will start listening to what you, as a parent, want to say.
- Let your children speak whatever is on their mind. That way, you can know what is going in within their mind and help them resolve their issues.
- Make them know that they can do a lot in life. Don’t repress their potential. Don’t discourage them. This way, they will seek you as a guide.
- Let them know what to do, when and why. A parent must educate their child in peace when the child has started to seek the parent as a guide.
- Instill values of Honesty, self-respect, courage and skills like time management.
Children require that care and attention. A little private time that can help you build their attitude can do wonders for a parent like you over a period of time.