It’s new year and now it’s your turn parents or parents-to-be. Make a resolution for the new year before your kid asks-
“Mom, Dad I have made some resolutions for new year. What’s yours??
1. I’ll try and make effort to understand my child:-This is the most important step you can take. Spend more time with your child and try to find, nourish and encourage the hidden talents within. Watch “Taare Zameen Par” to understand this fact better.
2. Become a role model for your child:- Your child reflect, reacts to your activities as they create a huge impact in their mind. So, this year give up smoking, drinking .etc. habits (atleast in front of your child).
3. Encourage to eat healthy food and do exercise:- Encourage your child to eat healthy food instead of junk and fast food like Pizzas .etc. and make sure they do some exercise, sports or Yoga for not only physical but mental and spiritual development too.
4. Answer your kid’s questions and encourage them to ask more:- Kids often ask various silly questions and answering them frustrate you. Isn’t it? But, this is the key point. Try to hear them patiently and answer their doubts. This will encourage them to ask more and share their thoughts.
5. Reward your child for any good work:- Appreciate your child for any kind of creative thing he/she tries to do. It may be the homework, a sketch, a drawing, clay work. Reward can be in form of a chocolate, watching an animation movie or cartoon network together .etc.
So, what are you waiting for? Act now and happy parenting!